Thursday, 7 October 2010

Quote Posters

With my poster brief I want to produce a series of typographic posters using found quotes as content. I'm not sure on the source of the quotes yet, it could be a book, newspaper, website, twitter feed etc. All I know right now is it needs to be a reliable resource for generating quotes. What I do know is that they will be very simple and graphic.  For the tutorial earlier today I used the below images to get across my intentions.
Woodblock posters by Anthony Burrill:


'Music Philosophy' lyric posters designed by Mico Toledo:
Mico's are a little more illustrative than Burrill's but they are still predominantly type based. I love all of their simplicity, one or two colours on stock. I aim to use this brief as a screen printing exercise and the use of limited colours will help to reduce the amount of time needed to dedicate to it. As this brief lacks weight compared to my first three, I think that I will drop it to an extra add-on brief and use a live brief as a more substantial replacement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment