Thinking about my club promotion brief, something I wanted to create was a sense of collectable and desirable images for the promo goods. Since Joe's talk I have been thinking about photography on expired film (he used some in an example of work he showed us). Since then I've been thinking that my club promotion brief would be a good vehicle for working with this kind of anologue approach. A good visual example of what I am thinking would be the artwork for albums by scottish music duo Boards of Canada. Some designed by tDR, it drums up feelings of vintage, warm, analogue times from yesteryear - very much like their music. The texture and imperfections create very intriguing images. It's this intrigue and sense of analogue I want to reproduce in my Club promo and subsequent website + record label releases.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment