Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Collected Club Flyers

A selection of Club folded posters I have collected over the years (have actually been on my wall for a couple). Good example of promo. Obviously the format is open to my own interpretation, but I would like to make my own promo collectable (I have fond memories of visiting london over the years, collecting nice club flyers). 
This example is from Fabric, designed by Village Green studio, you can clearly see the name of the club and contact information from the outset.
Once unfolded, there is a grid with the following months lineup on one side.
On the reverse, an interesting image. My own images could work as stand-alone images or as a series. 
Another Fabric flyer, this time with very different art direction. Again the name is clear on the folded flyer. (Village Green studio). The concept for this series of flyers was Pagan traditions. 
On the reverse, line-up info and club information. 
Audio Brighton (Red Design). Same size paper as the Fabric flyers but different folding technique. I like use of the white boarder with full bleed print on the reverse.
The layout of type on the back here is very interesting. Clearly a grid has been employed but the 45 degree slant makes for an interesting composition. 
Things I can take from these examples:
When folded, the club logo, month and year should be clearly visible. 
Contact and directional information should be somewhere on the document.
Ticket price and where to but advance tickets should be included.  
As I intend to create a hypothetical record label, up coming releases should be advertised on the reverse.

Like I've said in other posts, the object of these flyers is to be collectable. The interaction between type and image will be key to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment