Made Thought is a London based design agency that popped up in discussion when I was down at Generation Press in Brighton. Their work doesn't seem to have a 'house style', with every project looking very different, the design is sort of in a vacuum from project to project. It's obvious that each project is self contained. There is a wealth of inspiration for me looking back at their archive - their layout and typography is always spot on. Here are some projects that have inspired me for the layout of my club promo brief:
Type isolated at the top with white space around the image.
What I particularly like about this Ravensbourne College prospectus is the dissected photo on the back - a possible way to incorporate the photography in my designs.
Ok, so I'm not producing beauty product packaging, but what I can take from this design is the colour down the left hand side with the type radiating out from it. This could be incorporated in my poster / album design - wrapping the image from the front onto the left hand portion of the reverse.
I particularly like the use of type on this front cover. It manages to look contemporary whilst vintage, if that makes any sense? It reminds me of old programming markup code with a modern execution. Exactly the type of typeface I should be using for 'Mono'. The minimal colour also sets the whole composition off. It's not too in your face, subtle, much like the colours in the photography I want to use.
This type and layout reminds me of the LFO album Sheath designed by tDR:
Belly Band:






No comments:
Post a Comment