Saturday, 13 November 2010

Vintage Logos

Wanting my logotype to sit well with the chosen photography and not standout on the page I think a vintage feel will mesh the two components together. I remembered about a Flickr set Liam found that was photos taken from the World Book of Logotypes from the mid 70's. They are brilliant! You can see their influence on logo design of today, many of them look as if they were designed today. It's this timeless feed I want to try and secure for my Mono logotype. I think I'm going to have to get a lot bolder with my designs. As you'll see from the examples below, bold shapes and type are the way to go. Also if I want to create a vintage / timeless feel rounding corners or similar would help to create a hand drawn element, which is of course how these were produced - drawing over and over again. God bless computers, eh?  
You can view the whole World Book of Logotypes HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment